Since CareerBuilder.com sends out more than one type of job offer email, you will need to determine whether it is a Job Recommendation email or a Job Alert (Saved Search) email. The way to determine which email needs to have the location changed is by the subject line of the email:
1. Job Recommendation email the subject line will look similar to this “CareerBuilder.com Job Matches”
2. Job Alert emails with a have a subject line similar to “Your Job Alert for Monday, Feb 21 – (Job Alert Title)”
If you determine you need to change the location information on the Job Recommendations:
- After logging into CareerBuilder.com, and you’re on the “My CareerBuilder for” page
- On the top navigation, click on "Job Recommendations".
- Once the page loads, click "Preferences" icon on the right.
- On the "Preferences" page you will now have the opportunity to change the location by either choosing an existing location or adding a new location.
- After either choosing or adding a location, as the location is highlighted in blue, click on the button “Make Default”.
- After changing the default location, click on "Save".
If you determine you need to change the location information on a "Job Alert":
- After logging into your CareerBuilder.com, and you’re on the “My CareerBuilder for” page.
- On your left hand side, click on Saved Searches & Alerts.
- Click on the pencil located to the left of the job alert desired to change.
- The Basic Setting page will appear and you will be able to change the location where it says “Find Jobs Within ___ miles of”
- After you have changed the location, click on "Save".