Tips for a secure password:
- Use combinations of letters (upper and lower case), numbers, and symbols for your password.
- Use at least eight characters – increased number of characters provides an increased level of protection.
- Use pass phrases that are unknown to others, but easy for you to recall; substitute numbers and symbols for letters to make the pass phrase more complex.
- Do not use dictionary words, proper names, or simple variations on your company name or email address in your password.
- Do not use sequences such as: asdf or qwerty or 3333333 or 987654321.
- Make sure that your password cannot be easily guessed; avoid passwords that include pet names, relative names, school names, favorite items, or anything that would be easy to associate with you based on public information (such as information on social networking sites, etc.)
You can check the strength of your password at Microsoft’s Password Checker page.
Careerbuilder recommends that you:
- Never reveal your password to anyone.
- Install Antivirus software and have virus definitions up to date.
- Change your password frequently.
Things to remember:
- Careerbuilder.com will never ask for your password.
- If you are using a public computer, ensure that you have logged off from the Careerbuilder.com website before leaving the workstation.
- If you feel that your account has been compromised or that you replied to a phishing email, change your password and contact us immediately.
- You can report suspicious activity to the Trust and Site Security team.
- We have a Fraud Protection page for Employers and a Fraud Protection page for Job Seekers ; Visit these pages for additional Security information and for the Latest Alerts on reported scams.