This benefit covers tests that are appropriate for your diagnosis or symptoms reported by the ordering provider and must be medically necessary. If there are alternative diagnostic approaches with different fees, the plan will cover the least expensive, evidence-based diagnostic method. See the list of services requiring preauthorization, or call 1-888-849-3681..
ALERT! Some genetic tests require preauthorization or are not covered; you may call Customer Service at 1-888-849-3681 to check.
Covered services include:
- Diagnostic laboratory tests, X-rays (including diagnostic mammograms), and other imaging studies.
- Electrocardiograms (EKG, ECG).
- Prostate cancer screening (prostate-specific antigen [PSA] testing): All PSA testing is covered under the medical benefit (subject to the deductible and coinsurance), even if billed as preventive.
- Skin allergy testing.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: See "Coverage of mammograms" for more information on how the plans cover mammograms.
Tests Not Covered
The plan does not pay for the following tests (this does not list all tests not covered by the plan):
- Carotid Intima Media Thickness testing.
- Computed Tomographic Colonography (CTC) (also called a virtual colonoscopy) for routine screening.
- Upright Magnetic Resonance Imaging (uMRI): Also known as "positional," "weight-bearing" (partial or full), or "axial loading."