UMP Plus Ancillary Provider Type: You may use a network provider affiliated with your UMP Plus network* or a Regence network provider and receive network-level benefits (see
This benefit covers tests that are appropriate for your diagnosis or symptoms reported by the ordering provider and must be medically necessary. If there are alternative diagnostic approaches with different fees, the plan will cover the least expensive, evidence-based diagnostic method. See the list of services requiring preauthorization, or call 1-888-849-3681.
ALERT! Genetic tests require preauthorization and some are not covered; you may call Customer Service at 1-888-849-3681 to check.
Covered services include:
- Diagnostic laboratory tests, X-rays (including diagnostic mammograms), and other imaging studies.
- Colonoscopy performed to diagnose disease or illness; see "Preventive Care" for coverage of preventive or screening colonoscopy.
- Electrocardiograms (EKG, ECG).
- Prostate cancer screening (prostate-specific antigen [PSA] testing): All PSA testing is covered under the medical benefit (subject to the deductible and coinsurance), even if billed as preventive.
- Skin allergy testing.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: See "Coverage of mammograms" for more information about how the plans cover mammograms.
Tests Not Covered
The plan does not pay for the following tests (this list does not include all tests not covered by the plan):
*UMP Plus Networks: Puget Sound High Value Network (PSHVN) or UW Medicine Accountable Care Network (UW Medicine ACN)
- Carotid Intima Media Thickness testing.
- Computed Tomographic Colonography (CTC) (also called a virtual colonoscopy) for routine screening.
- Upright Magnetic Resonance Imaging (uMRI): Also known as "positional," "weight-bearing" (partial or full), or "axial loading."
x ray x rays CAT scan CAT scans