AAA is committed to helping Members outsmart life's everyday road blocks. We're happy to provide current Members with select DMV services in most of our AAA branches. For more information, visit AAA.com/DMV
AAA branches in California offer the following services:
- Renew vehicle registration
- Renew boat/trailer registration
- Get duplicate registration certificates and temporary operation permits
- Get replacement registration stickers
- Order personalized plates
- Order duplicate plates
- Reinstate registrations suspended due to lapse in insurance
- Register vehicles from out of state
- Disabled plates and temporary disabled placards. The California DMV recommends submitting requests for permanent disabled placards online at dmv.ca.gov.
- Register and renew Off-Highway Vehicles (OHV)
- Get duplicate title
- Transfer ownership
- Get International Driving Permit (IDP)
For vehicle-specific transactions, your name must be on the vehicle’s title or registration.
To receive these services, the registered owner must be a AAA Member and present the following: current active AAA Membership card, valid California driver’s license or identification card, and your DMV paperwork. Please visit the nearest AAA branch
for DMV services.*
Cash, credit card or debit card payments are accepted for DMV transactions.
Effective March 1, 2021, a surcharge of up to 1.72% will be charged by AAA NCNU when you pay for a CA DMV transaction by credit card. This surcharge is charged to help cover our costs for processing credit card payments that are made for CA DMV transactions. The surcharge amount is not greater than our cost of acceptance for these credit card payments. The surcharge does not apply when paying by cash or debit card. We do not accept payment by check.
Certain restrictions apply, depending on where your car was purchased. Please call your local AAA branch for more information.
*CA DMV services are also available at the Carson City, Nevada, branch.