Once an account has been closed and the funds sent to a state as abandoned property, the owner of the funds may reclaim them directly from the State. All states have an Abandoned Property website with instructions on how to claim reported property.    
Unclaimed property will have been reported to the state of the owner’s last known address.
The information below is for the state of Oregon only:
Oregon Unclaimed Property: http://www.oregon.gov/dsl/up/pages/index.aspx
Oregon email: Claims@dsl.state.or.us
Oregon phone: 503-986-5200