Your house may be above the base flood elevation (flooding level), in which case you may want to file a Letter of Map Amendment or a Letter of Map Revision (LOMA/LOMR). If your request is approved by FEMA, you may not be required to maintain flood insurance or your premium may be reduced. You may contact FEMA directly by going to or by calling them at (800)621-3362.