Regardless of the elevation of your property, if your dwelling is in an "A" or "V" zone, you're required to have flood insurance. However, elevation information can be used to get a lower flood premium and/or to file a Letter of Map Amendment or Revision (LOMA/LOMR). Flood insurance is still required while the LOMA/LOMR is being reviewed by FEMA.