Medicare doesn’t cover all the services and supplies that you may need and Medicare usually doesn’t pay 100% of the bill even when it does pay, so some people use a Medicare supplement plan to cover their out-of-pocket costs.
As a retiree you can get insurance through the PEBB Program that is considered better than what is available in the commercial market. Your PEBB coverage is a comprehensive plan that works with Medicare, so you may not need another private health insurance policy.
Your PEBB insurance helps you in three important ways:
- It pays for many services and supplies not covered by Medicare
- In most cases, it pays the part of the bill not covered by Medicare
- The state subsidizes your health insurance premium no matter which PEBB plan you choose.
These are the health plan choices for PEBB retirees with Medicare:
- Uniform Medical Plan Classic
- Group Health Cooperative
- Kaiser Permanente
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Supplement Plan F
The Medicare Supplement Plan F offered by Premera Blue Cross is a traditional Medicare supplement plan. So it has the same benefits as the policies you could buy as an individual in the commercial market, but you pay less because you are part of the PEBB group plan.