Elaine BossaRedwood Credit Union (RCU) was founded on January 19,1950 by seven County of Sonoma employees. Originally formed as Sonoma County Employees’ Credit Union (SECU), the name was later changed to Redwood Credit Union to reflect the growing demand throughout the North Bay for affordable financial services from the Credit Union. In recent years, RCU also formed a wholly-owned subsidiary to provide value-driven insurance services and a full-service auto center. Though Redwood Credit Union has grown significantly over the years to become among the largest in the US, we remain committed to our roots of service to Members and the credit union philosophy of “people helping people.”