Terms of Use:   

Below we have identified what is generally covered by a standard homeowners policy, but you need to talk to your insurance agent to understand specifically what your policy covers and up to what amount.

What's generally covered:

  • Damage to both structures and personal property caused by:

  • fire

  • lightning

  • windstorm (including hurricanes and tornadoes) or hail

  • explosions

  • riot or civil commotion

  • aircraft and vehicles

  • smoke

  • theft or vandalism

  • falling objects

  • weight of ice, snow or sleet

  • freezing of plumbing, heating, air conditioning or other household systems.

  • Personal liability covering if you, your family or your property injures someone.

  • Costs for temporary housing while you are displaced from your residense. 

What's generally not covered:

  • Damage caused by floods and earthquakes

  • Other exclusions often include neglect (such as tile grout failing), intentional loss, earth movement, general power failure and damage caused by war.