Article Applies To:
Gen6: NSA E10800, NSA E10400, NSA E10200, NSA E10100
Gen5: NSA E8510, E8500, NSA E7500, NSA E6500, NSA E5500, NSA 5000, NSA 4500, NSA 3500, NSA 2400, NSA 2400 MX, NSA 240, NSA 220, NSA 220 /W. NSA 250M, NSA 250M /W.
Gen5 TZ Series: TZ 100, TZ 100 Wireless, TZ 200, TZ 200 W, TZ 210, TZ 210 W, TZ 215, TZ 215 W, TZ 105, TZ 105 W. TZ 205, TZ 205 W.
E-Class Secure Remote Access (EX SSL-VPN): SRA 6000, SRA 7000, SRA 9000, SRA EX Virtual Appliance
SonicWALL SMB SSL-VPN Appliances and Software: SRA 4200, SSRA 4600, SRA1200, SRA 1600
SonicWALL Mobile Connect for Windows 8.1 is a VPN plug-in that is distributed by Microsoft as part of Windows 8.1 The SonicWALL Mobile Connect VPN plug-in enables secure, mobile connections to private networks protected by Dell SonicWALL security appliances for devices running Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 RT
Feature Highlights and Functionality Details:
For further details on this Windows 8.1 Inbuild Plugin, please refer the User Guide document or Contact Dell Sonicwall Support.
- The Mobile Connect plugin cannot be uninstalled/reinstalled. The plugin is distributed by Microsoft as part of Windows 8.1 (locates in C:\Windows\vpnplugins). Updates are delivered through Windows Update.
- By Default, Mobile Connect plugin uses HTTPS 443 Port. For custom port based SSLVPN Connections, we need to use the Advanced XML based customizations.
- End Point Control check (Basic and Advanced) is currently not supported with Windows 8.1 Mobile Connect. We are working on this with our upcoming releases.
- MDM solutions that support Windows 8.1, .e.g, Microsoft Intune can also manage VPN connections on Windows 8.1 devices
- Debug Logging not enabled by default. Using Advanced xml settings, it can be enabled. Debug Log path:
- Other Advanced Customization options include Custom SSLVPN Port, Packet Capture, Windows Native Authentication, Parse Domain Field, Windows Single Sign-On, ESP Support (EX Series Only), etc