Article Applies To:
Gen5: NSA E8510, E8500, E7500, NSA E6500, NSA E5500, NSA 5000, NSA 4500, NSA 3500, NSA 2400, NSA 2400MX, NSA 220, NSA 220W NSA 240, NSA 250M, NSA250MW
Gen5 TZ series: TZ 100, TZ 100W, TZ 105, TZ 105W TZ 200, TZ 200W, TZ 205, TZ 205W TZ 210, TZ 210W,TZ 215, TZ 215W.
Gen4: PRO series: PRO 5060, PRO 4100, PRO 4060,PRO 3060, PRO 2040, PRO 1260
Gen4: TZ series: TZ 190, TZ 190 W, TZ 180, TZ 180 W, TZ 170, TZ 170 W, TZ 170 SP, TZ 170 SP Wireless
Firmware/Software Version: Sonic OS Enhanced
Services: WLAN to LAN Access
wireless to wired
wireless to lan
wlan to lan
wlan to dmz
In all Sonicwall UTM Firewall appliances, traffic from the wireless network (WLAN) to the wired network (LAN/DMZ) is blocked by default. However, in certain cases wireless computers may need to access a server or a printer on the LAN/DMZ network segment. This can be accomplished by changing the default Deny rule to an Allow rule.
1. Log in to the Sonicwall management interface
2. Navigate to the Firewall > Access Rules page
3. Open the WLAN to LAN page.
4. Click on the configure button on the far right side of the rule.
5. Change the Action from Deny to Allow.
6. Click OK to save the change.
Try to ping a device on the LAN side from a wireless computer and you will be able to get a reply.