Dwelling coverage, also referred to as Coverage A, covers your home itself as well as attached structures such as a garage or deck.

The amount of coverage that you will need will depend greatly on the purchase price of your home combined with inflation. This amount should reflect the cost of repair or replacement of your home should it be subjected to a covered loss.

Additional coverage, referred to as Coverage B, covers other structures that exist on your property but are not actually attached to your home. This important coverage protects structures such as a detached garage, a storage shed or gazebo.