You’ll need either a Passport Book or Passport Card to reenter the U.S. from Canada or Mexico, depending on your method of travel. The Passport Card is only sufficient at land border crossings and is not valid for any international air travel. 

To learn more about the difference between Passport Books and Passport Cards, please click here.